Library Profile

Founded in 1912, Sun Yat-sen Library of Guangdong Province is widely reputed for its long history and abundant collections. It has descended from the famous historical site Nan Yuan in Ming Dynasty, and served as the collection house of Guangya Press in Qing Dynasty, in which located the house, Kang Feng Xuan where Sun Yat-sen secretly embarked on his early revolutionary work. In 1986, Deng Xiaoping inscribed the Library name.

Now, it has developed into a comprehensive provincial public library listed among the national first-class libraries. It is authorized as Guangdong Branch Center of NCIRSP (National Cultural Information Resources Sharing Project), Guangdong Center for Preservation and Conservation of Ancient Books, and Guangdong Subcenter for National Online Library Cataloging Center.

In 2003, Guangdong Provincial People’s Government initiated the Library’s Renovation and Expansion Project with a budget of 500 million RMB, The project in 2008 was honored as one of “the 200 Demonstration Projects”, being both environmental friendly and energy efficient, by Ministry of Housing and Urban-Rural Development, for its such highlights as ecological considerations, low energy consumption, economic operation, and humanistic concerns.

On Dec. 30, 2010, the Library upon its renovation and expansion project completion, reopened to the public with new looks, adopting electronic Library Card registration, self-check service terminals, touch-screen technology for periodicals and newspapers, 3D display terminals for special collections and Library App for mobile devices.

The Library, as Provincial library, has always been acting as a leading role in the field; adhering to the principle of “Readers First” with continuously improved software and hardware facilities, and the librarians are serving the library visitors whole-heartedly.

服务咨询
官方微信
移动APP
官方微博